O’Charley's Pecan Chicken Tender Salad is really quite easy to make at home. You can make some for dinner tonight or for your next party. Our O'Charley's Recipe for their Pecan Chicken Tender Salad tastes just like the real thing.
O’Charley's Pecan Chicken Tender Salad RecipeFrom the O'Charley's Menu - "Pecan-encrusted chicken served warm on a bed of crisp romaine lettuce with mandarin oranges, crumbled bleu cheese, dried cranberries and honey roasted Georgia pecans. Served with our Balsamic Vinaigrette."
- Pecan Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds Chicken Tenders
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten with a splash of milk
- 1 cup plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Pecans, finely chopped in a food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Pecans
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mandarin Orange Slices
- Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- Dried Cranberries
- O'Charley's Balsamic Vinegarette Salad Dressing (Full Recipe Below)
- Heat one inch of oil over medium heat.
- Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Set out three dishes.
- In the first dish, place the flour. In the second, eggs beaten with milk. In the third dish, combine bread crumbs, ground pecans, nutmeg and orange juice.
- Coat tenders in flour, then egg, then pecan mixture.
- Place tenders on a plate to reserve for frying.
- Fry in batches 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together honey salt, then add pecans, tossing to coat well.
- Spread pecans in one layer in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then stir pecans and bake for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Working quickly, transfer to wax paper sheet to cool.
- While the pecans are still warm separate them with a fork. Once they are cool chop pecans if desired.
- In separate bowls mix together all ingredients except tenders and dressing.
- For every serving toss together 2 1/2 cups of lettuce, 2 teaspoons crumbled bleu cheese, 2 teaspoons dried cranberries, 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped honey roasted pecans and two mandarin orange slices cut in half.
- Place tenders on top of salad.
- Drizzle dressing on salads at the table.
O'Charley's Balsamic Vinegarette Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic (or 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from O'Charley's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
The Photo of Homemade Pecan-crusted Chicken Salad is by Jamie Boyd - https://twitter.com/jamboid - and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License.