O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup RecipeIngredients
- 3 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 quarts Half-and-Half
- 1 pound block Velveeta Cheese, melted
- White Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 pounds Bacon, fried crisply
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta. Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
If You Like this Recipe -- Get More Secret Recipes from O'Charley's...
...and All of Your Favorite Restaurants like:
Photo of Baked Potato Soup is by WhitneyInChicago - Visit Whitney's blog here - http://whitneyinchicago.wordpress.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.